• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can i root on a mac??

Could I just ask a Question regarding rooting, If I can hold the home button and end button to get to the initial boot up screen does that mean that I am rooted? or can you do this on a none rooted phone?
I think that means you have root access but you need to have installed a rooted ROM to use root functions while the phone is in use.

I think.

Upvote 0
I don't think you actually have root access at that point. All that means is you have switched the phone's recovery file. To root you need to then use that recovery file to flash a custom ROM.

Or I think there are apps that can root the current ROM without putting on a custom one.

Upvote 0
I don't think you actually have root access at that point. All that means is you have switched the phone's recovery file. To root you need to then use that recovery file to flash a custom ROM.

Or I think there are apps that can root the current ROM without putting on a custom one.
Surely the ability to install a custom ROM means you have root access? If only from the recovery mode?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones