• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International Tegra 3] Can I root safely and revert back easily on my HTC One X

robandis

Apr 22, 2012
Hi Droid Masters, I'm a very cautious individual and have soon come to the conclusion that I need to root my phone in order to get certain software up and running, i.e. screen grabbers, call recorders etc, you know - the good stuff...

Its just that I don't want to mess the integrity of my 'in the box' system. How do I go about tinkering and then have the option of reverting to my virginal system?? I'm obviously a noob... maybe rooting doesn't actually change anything, maybe it just means a specific way of accessing the OS? If I did root my phone and thus installed some software would that in itself nullify my warranty?

Much gratitude if you could guide me, Many Thanks guys.

:thrasher:

HTC has announced unlocking the bootloader will void your warranty. To revert back to stock, lock the bootloader, flash stock boot.img, factory data reset, and then flash the RUU according to your device model.

Thnkyou so much for your reply... I think by what you said that its possible to revert back to stock and act as if nothings been touched on the phone... its just I don't really understand all the things you said...

Many Thanks anyway

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones