• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I run applications on my phone with emulator?

2Noob4U

Lurker
Nov 19, 2009
Ok here's my problem. I'm very new to the AndroidSDK. I've ran sdparted to convert my ext3 to ext4 and just tonight I learned how to open the emulator.

I used the Android development site to learn how to do all this. I ran this: emulator -avd my_android1.6 -t 2 The emulator opened up but, it looks nothing like my phone nor does it have any of the apps that my Magic 32B has.

This is my question. I'd like to be able to run an application that is currently installed on my phone on my computer to enter in a bunch of data into that application to use on my phone. It's much easier to type everything out on my computer than using the keyboard on my phone. Is this possible to do with the emulator and if I can how?

I'm rooted and using Cyanogen 4.2.5.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones