• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I run multiple instances of Calendar widget?

fat-johnny

Lurker
Apr 3, 2010
OK, here goes my first post.

I have the calendar syncing with my gmail calendar, which has multiple calendars inside (mine, my wifes, ours, baseball schedule, cavs schedule, etc..)

I also have the stock "mail" (not Gmail) application syncing with my exchange at work.

Since I got 7 home screens to work with, I wanna put my Gmail calendar on home screen #1, and my exchange calendar on home-screen #7. Sort of a seperation of home and work :)

So I put the stock widget on home-screen#1, and again on home-screen#7. But a widget is basically just a frontend for an app running in the background. When I go to home-screen#1 and select MINE, WIFES, and CAVS.......that selection affects the widget on home-screen #7 as well. I go to screen #7, tell it to display Exchange only.......and when I go back to #1, it is switched to exchange.

So.....any way to do what I want?
1) Have a calendar on home-screen#1 that shows my Gmail calendar(s)
2) Have a calendar on home-screen#7 that shows my Exchange calendar

Interested to hear yall thoughts,
FJ

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones