Can i save my bricked Hero?

Last Updated:

1. hensen1993

hensen1993 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Yesterday I flashed my HTC hero to Legendroid 1.01 but HTC sense wasn't working because of some reason. After that I restored it back to Android 1.6. Till then no problems only my GPS wasn't working. I read on the forum that problem would be solved by a Radio update. I downloaded update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26-signed.zip But because I was in a hurry and don't have experience doing this. I flashed this Radio update as a ROM. This gave me a box with an arrow when booting. I tried some combinations of buttons and now it won't show me the picture. No LED's are on when charging and nothing happens when you push the boot buttom.

Is there any way i can save my Hero? or can i sell it in parts and buy a Legend?

Thank you very much!

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

What happens when you try and boot to the recovery menu?

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Do you have the Android SDk installed, if you can get to an ADB command line you may beable to do sonething, but this is beyond my knowledge!

4. hensen1993

I can't boot my device, I can't get in to the recovery menu

I don't have this installed. Can I install this now or only when phone is working?

5. hensen1993

Or could it be possible that my battery is broken? is there any way to check that?

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I don't think ABD will help you if you can't even get it to turn on. So Home + Power on does nothing?

7. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I think the chances of it being the battery are pretty slim given that this happened right after an attempted radio upgrade. I take it your battery had a good charge before you started updating?

8. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

You install the ANDROID SDk on your PC, then using command prompt, you can send commandes to the phone using ADB, SDKHERE, read THIS, installt he package, turn your phone on, launch a command prompt and see if it will allow acess to the phone

9. hensen1993

Does this work when I can't start my phone? It doens't even ligt a LED when i'm charing

10. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Turn it on, you may still have a connection, only way to find out is try, plug the phone into the wall, turn it on, and follow the instructions, If you cant, then its a brick I guess

11. 04.sti

04.sti New Member

what he is saying is that he cant even turn on his phone this means nothing is working, its a brick. he is asking if there is anyway he can get it to power on. or even do anything to show that somthing on the phone work. Hes looking for any reactions from the phone so he knows its alive lol..

well i just bricked my phone too :( nothing you can do but buy a new one. i been reading about this for a few hours now.

12. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your phones bricked mate but how did it happen it may help people not to do the same if they knew.

13. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Can't you send it to HTC? Even if they realsie it's your fault and charge you for it, it would probably be cheaper than buying a new one.