1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can I schedule the time apps automatically update?

1. utahjeff

utahjeff New Member

I have an DINC and have most of the apps set to automatically update. The problem I'm having is that they seem to update at really inconvenient times.

Is there a way to set an update time or time range? If it's not native, does anyone know of an app that will do this?

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

Advertisement
    :
  2. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Maybe a tasker profile to turn background data on and off at particular times.
    utahjeff likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I don't know of scheduling, but you do have two options under settings in Play / Market.

1. Auto-update apps - this way you will have to manually update the apps, but you could use the update all button.
    2. Update over Wi-Fi only - This is how I do it, as usually I get frustrated when I am trying to pull up a web site and it is slow because an app is updated. At least if they are updating over WiFi, it isn't as noticeable as it is on 3G
    utahjeff likes this.
  4. Kicksilver

Kicksilver Well-Known Member

I'm afraid you can not.

Why don't you manually update them?
    utahjeff likes this.
  5. moonglow

moonglow Member

I'm totally with the original poster on this, it seems ridiculous that there isn't a simple schedule option built in for updating. It seems like update happen most commonly when I want to use the tablet or phone an having everything shudder to a halt while half a dozen apps download and install makes me want to revisit my decision to love android! Manual update isn't really a solution either, it just creates a task to remember to do. Perhaps there is a hook in one of the automate apps to turn on auto update for a select time, that'd possibly do it.
  6. leeq

leeq New Member

+1 for OP. Is there anybody who solved this problem?
    It might be perfect if it updates my apps while I'm asleep, like 3 am.
  7. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

+1. Not difficult to do at some time when you're not busy at home. Apps will update at various times, I assume, because they get updated to the Play Store at different times, as and when the developer gets around to it. But I've never had an app update yet that couldn't wait until it suits "me" to update.

Dave
  8. baldmosher

baldmosher Active Member

I have mine set to manual updates and just accept all pending updates manually when I go to bed and they're done by morning. I do need to "keep WiFi enabled whilst charging" in Juice Defender.