Can I set an mp3 as a ringtone?Support

1. guevara550

guevara550 New Member

Apologies if this appears a silly request, I used to have a HTC Desire and it was really pretty easy to set an mp3 as a ringtone. Is there anyway to do that with the S3? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Well on the evo and on the lte evo I returned as I am getting the sg3, I do the app call handedent which allows you to use mp3s as ring tones. It was pretty easy.
  3. guevara550

guevara550 New Member

Ahh figured it out, just accessed the music player and did it through that. Thanks anyway!
  4. warpfactor

warpfactor Member

You can also go into contacts and assign individual mp3s to each of your contacts.
  5. leecassidy

leecassidy Member

Another option, if you have dedicated ringtone files (you won't want to put your mp3 collection here), is to stick them in the Ringtones folder. They'll show up in the regular Settings > Sound > Ringtone list then.
  6. rkab

rkab Member

This option works for me , but the "Set As" does not show up for me .When I have an audio playing and click on Menu . The following pop up:
    1. Add to quick list
    2.Via Bluetooth
    3. Share music with
    4. Add to playlist
    5. Details
    6. Settings
    7. End

I have S3 SGHT999V with Mobilicity in Canada ( similiar to T-mobile) I believe. Please help.
  7. Roadie1015

Roadie1015 Well-Known Member

You can use Fusion Music Player or Ringdroid
  8. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

if you want to add a bunch rather than going into the music player than holding the song than set as ringtone you can just make a Folder on either your internal SD or External SD and call the folder Ringtones now anything in this folder will display in your system ringtone list

same goes for Notification sounds, make a folder called Notifications and than it will display in your system nofication sounds