Can I/ Should I upgrade to 1.2

Last Updated:

1. Nut

Nut New Member This Topic's Starter

I just upgraded to an open box my touch 3g for 119.99 on Unsupported Browser Monday without knowing anything about the my touch 1.2. Can I go to a t-mobile store and return the phone for the 1.2 version (+ the $30 difference) under the 14 day return policy?

Advertisement
  2. Nut

Well, just got the scoop. Since I bought it online, I have to return it through the mail. They will then credit my account as soon as I call them with a tracking number, and I can re-order no charge. So it sounds like I won't be out any money, I'll just have to wait a week or two to make the switch. Do you think its worth the trouble to get the new version?

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

From what others are saying about the 1.2 I don't see how you could go wrong for $30 more....

4. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

It has almost 100 MB more Ram with 295 MB internal storage (for apps) and comes with an 8GB SD card. Even the Behold II only has 153MB system storage. Plus you get swype and HTC Hero's slick music player UI.

I think it's very much worth it. I haven't experienced any lag yet and I have a plethora of apps and widgets installed ... and I have 242 MB system storage available.

5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

hell yea , its worth it. great move!

6. budney

budney Active Member

You won't be sorry. I am loving my Fender LE! :D

7. Nut

Well, I talked to a rep and I have it all set up to send it in on Wednesday the 24th or whenever the accessories that were supposed to come with my phone the first time arrive, so that I can send them all in at once. Then she was nice enough to set it up so that I can go to a store and buy a new phone there as soon as I have a tracking number, so that I won't have to wait for shipping again. Pretty good customer service, I'd say.

8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Good deal. Let us know how you Like it

9. captblue1

captblue1 New Member

That is what they told me too. She told me if i refuse the delivery, i could order a new one as soon as UPS changed their status. I called yesterday after i refused and UPS updated the tracking info to reflect. The rep told me there is a 15 day hold before they can make my account show that i am eligible for upgrade. Now i am waiting for Tmobile to receive the phone, she said maybe they can manually change my status then. I'm not holding my breathe.