can i still tether and recieve push email on unlocked/debranded hero?

Last Updated:

1. 05needhamn39

05needhamn39 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi title explains all really
    I once had a samsung jet which was great but it was on orange and i wanted it on 3 because i recieved a better signal and wanted their push email. But when i put my three sim into my now unlocked Jet i found that i lacked 3's certificates and couldn't tether or get 3's push email.

Anyway this made me decide to upgrade to a 3 hero to gain their functions however it seems their are no "certificate" needed and the hero seems to have its own push email service and can tether easily.

SO my question is if i debrand my hero and thus can ugrade to 2.1 android will i still recieve free push email and be able to tether? as i guess if i change my rom it might be hard to go back
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It should work exactly the same once debranded. Push email will work just fine so long as you have an internet connection (and obviously you will do since you're teathering).

I'm not sure what customizations 3 add to their roms, but you won't be missing out on anything teathering related by switching.

3. 05needhamn39

05needhamn39 Member This Topic's Starter

If it doesn't work can i reload the 3 rom back onto the phone?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yeah, the debranding process works in reverse too.

You will lose all your data every time you do it though, since installing new firmware is essentially like performing a factory reset.