can i swap ESN's

1. KONFUZED

KONFUZED New Member

I had a plan with sprint for 6 years, they were great to me but the past few months my bill sky rocketed and i am stuck with a 450 bill. i had the HTC evo and the HTC evo shift on my plan but it got shut off. so my gf went and got a plan in her name and got us 2 samsung nexus S's.... they suck compared to htc. i tried calling sprint and reading a few forums and i found out that the ESN is locked due to that bill i owe. i dont understand it though bc the F'n phone is mine i paid for it the day i got it why cant i use it however i want. so thats my question. is there a way i can swap ESN numbers between MY HTC evo shift and MY Samsung Nexus S

Advertisement
    :
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Esn is tied to the phone. No possibility of swapping the numbers. You did not pay the full price for the Shift when you bought it, you paid a subsidized price. Full price would have been close to $600. The only way you will be able to use the shift and evo again is to pay the bill.

Maybe a dumb question, but why did you buy new phones instead of just paying your bill? I am not sure what a nexus costs, but I would think you could have paid off a good chunk of your outstanding balance instead....
  3. htcevoshiftroc

htcevoshiftroc New Member

i know this is an old post but just a heads up i feel your frustration i to got screwed by sprint with there BS priceing and stopped my service and they locked my phone for the early termination fee and i did pay the 500 dollars for the phone when i started service so i owned the phone i didnt pay some half ass price payed the whole thing..but anyway the previose post is wrong .....you can swap your esn to the evo.....i cant tell you how in here cuz people seem to have a cow if you try to talk about the unmentionable swap so message me on fb h**ps://www.facebook.com/groups/294474680575872/ and i will help you