Can I swap my Droid SD card to my X?

Last Updated:

1. JayJ

JayJ Member This Topic's Starter

Can I just swap the SD card from my Droid to my X when I get it today, and restore the apps with Astro File Explorer? Or, is there something specific to the Droid on the card that would cause a problem? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be a problem. I moved my card over from my Eris. Don't know about the restoring apps part though.

3. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

yes, there will be a few file and folders that are no longer needed and its not going to just transfer you game saves for every game (maybe some of them). I did and it worked fine

4. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

I had trouble restoring apps from my SD when I took it from my Dinc to the X. But if you use app brain, just email yourself the HTML text of your app list and you can click on each one to easily re-add each app (sure beats trying to remember what all you had!). But just make a backup of your pictures, music, ringtones, etc, that you want to keep and then reformat in the DX, and copy the backed up stuff back to it and you should be fine.

5. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Guy I know swapped his card in from an Incredible and it more or less bricked it. It just stayed stuck at the moto logo.