• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I tell an app to NOT update?

kspn

Lurker
Oct 20, 2010
Hi,

I have been using an app (Aldiko) that had an update and I (foolishly) updated it. I then discovered that the good parts of the update were far outweighed by the bad parts.

I have managed to find and install an older version of the app, but I was wondering if there was a way of telling the app to NOT check for and insatall updates (I like using the update all button, it simplifies things)

If not then i will have to go back to manually updating each app.

Thanks in advance :)

kspn

Hi,

Unfortunately that isn't what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is in effect removing the app from the list of 'updates found' when I click the 'Update All' button in the My Apps list.

I don't have it automatically updating (actually the only App I have that enabled for is Google Maps)

The other apps I update by clicking Updtae All generally.

However I want to exclude this app (aldiko) from updating at all.

It is starting to look like I will need to manually update each app to avoid updating one specific App though :(

K

Upvote 0
It looks like it would do what I want, but the function is only available on the Pro version and I don't tihnk that $5 is worth it for just one app (I may of course change my mind later on depending on how irritated I get)

The rest of the features (at this stage) don't really interest me, although the ability to backup and revert an app (just in case the same thing happenes to another app) *might* prove useful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones