• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I turn off the ".com" button on Chrome with lollipop?

Hi friends,

Just upgraded to Lollipop last week and so far so good. However, Im curious if there is a way to turn off the ".com" button in the chrome web browser? Far too many times when Im trying to put a space in my search, i hit the .com button instead. I believe they switched the period and the .com button for lollipop? Searches would go off without a hitch with periods instead of spaces, but the .com reference seems to break the search function. I never remember having this issue prior to the update. Thanks.

Hi friends,

Just upgraded to Lollipop last week and so far so good. However, Im curious if there is a way to turn off the ".com" button in the chrome web browser? Far too many times when Im trying to put a space in my search, i hit the .com button instead. I believe they switched the period and the .com button for lollipop? Searches would go off without a hitch with periods instead of spaces, but the .com reference seems to break the search function. I never remember having this issue prior to the update. Thanks.

Try a different keyboard or browser?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones