Can I unroot my phone, keep the leaked OTA and still get 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am wanting to know, in preparation for the 2.2 release to the Incredible, just what steps I will need to take to be able to get the OTA just like normal.

I don't use root for much of anything. I am not overclocked, ShootMe is probably the only app I actually use regularly and the leaked 2.2 is way too buggy for me to keep on the phone. I currently have the updated radio via the leaked 2.1 OTA and my phone is rooted. I assume that I can't just apply the 2.2 OTA, but I am wonder how far I will need to revert. I'd like to lose as little data as possible from my phone, am I just SoL?

Advertisement
  2. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

You will need to revert to stock radio. Updating over that updated radio will very likely brick your phone. To do that, you need to unroot. I would recommend going back to fully stock, unrooted phone to guarantee no problems with the update.

3. DIncmanDan

DIncmanDan Well-Known Member

4. Dex

Sounds incredibly annoying.

Does anyone have a recommendation on what program I should use to back up my information. I'd like to save contact, texts and that sort of stuff.

5. mickym5

mickym5 Well-Known Member

Mybackup pro is great. The closest thing to Titanium backup for a non rooted phone.

6. Dex

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will check it out for sure.