Can I update my phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. CS6666

CS6666 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sounds like a strange question I know, but I searched for the same Firmware version that I have on my phone and I only found 1 not so encouraging thread. It can be found here

Rasta's comment of
    unsettled me somewhat.

I am in Australia and of course NPS doesn't work. It does however say something slightly different to the normal complaints I've read. It says
    The bold section I've never seen anyone mention before.

I want to install GalaxO but have read that I need II5 before I can do so. After all my rambling I guess I'm asking a couple of questions at once.

• Do you guys recognise my Version number
    • Can I succesfully upgrade to II5 (and then to GalaxO)
    • Can someone do it for me (I'm scared of bricks)?? ;)

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I did search and couldn't find anything about it anywhere.

Thankx in advance :cool:

Phone Details (from the "Hidden Version") -
    PDA: i7500DFII3
    PHONE: i7500DFII3
    CSC: i7500OPSII4
    build time wed sep 23 10.44 kst 2009
    Changelist 70418

Advertisement
  2. RellikZephyr

RellikZephyr Well-Known Member

where did you buy your phone from??? Australia??

the XX in your baseband usually refers to region i.e XX = Western Europe (where handset was made/released) , so DF may be Australasian region...?? everything else seems fine till your CSC

the OPS in your CSC may refer to Optus, again im assuming handset is aussie

those letters in your CSC refer to carrier. i.e.

VIA = O2 (Germany)
    O2U = O2 (UK)
    ITV = Vodafone (Italy)
    BOG = Bouygues Telecom (France)

OPS = Optus Australia (maybe)

as for updating, you should have no worries updating to II5 using Odin, its easy, it does it all for you i was worried first time but its easy

Once II5 is on, going to Galaxo shouldnt be too hard either, but thats where its out of my grasp, little more technical that one, so i havent tried yet

RellikZephyr

3. devan963

devan963 Active Member

4. CS6666

CS6666 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies. Yes I bought the phone in Australia and yes I am with Optus so I guess your assumption would be correct.

After over 180 views and no response I went ahead and tried Odin following directions from another site. They were very clear, concise and easy for a newbie to follow.

I am happy with II5 and don't think I'll try the ROM until I get more comfortable with the tech side of things.

@ Devan - Your guide looks good. It will be the one I use when I decide to go the ROM route.

Thanks again to Devan and Rellik.