• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I update OS myself?

There's an update choice in Settings. It will update your phone to the latest version available for it. That may not be the latest version of Android - LG has to modify each version of Android to work on a particular phone, then MetroPCS has to do their own modifications. You'll get the latest version that they've both released. And yes, it will work on your phone. If it doesn't, MetroPCS is responsible for fixing the problem. (If you find an update somewhere and install it yourself, and the phone doesn't work after that, it's your problem.)

Upvote 0
I don't see the Motion or the Spirit getting an O/S update - at all.

LG pretty much made these phones AFAIK for Metro, and the Motion was first sold about 2 years ago.

I sold mine over a year ago and bought a LG Spirit and it hasn't gotten an update either.

Metro doesn't seem to have any good mid-range phones available right now like they did a couple of years ago.

I'm glad I updated to the Spirit when I did because it wasn't on the market for very long.

I gave my Motion to a friend and it's still going strong and working without any issues.

Metro needs to start offering a better line up of phones to stay competitive as other Pay As You Go carriers are in the game now.

If I didn't give away my old LG Motion, I would give the O/S update a try, but I don't have the know-how, nor do I have the phone anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones