• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I upgrade the MicroSD card?

don't believe it. my sandisk mp3 player says it has a 4 gig max and i put 8 gigs in and it works fine could possibly go to 32 gigs and still not have a problem.

Just because your MP3 player recognizes a larger card, means little with respect to this. I have had several electronic items (phones, MP3 players, digital cameras) that have limits on how large of a card they will recognize. Also, the card may work but you will only be able to put a certain amount on it.

Upvote 0
Just because your MP3 player recognizes a larger card, means little with respect to this. I have had several electronic items (phones, MP3 players, digital cameras) that have limits on how large of a card they will recognize. Also, the card may work but you will only be able to put a certain amount on it.

i don't see too much issue caused by going from 16 to 32 gigs and yes my sandisk see's all 8 gigs. as long as they don't switch the pins on the 32 you'll be fine when the hero first came out 32 gigs wasn't even in the picture that's why the 16 gig limit stands. this isn't windows where they wrote in the code to only see 8 gig chunks of space thinking harddrives would not get that big. the 16 gigs is cause they didn't know how the phone would react to a bigger size card cause there wasn't one.

Upvote 0

Eris can be expanded up to a 32GB MicroSD

Interfaces Expansion:

microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO Supports High Capacity (SD 2.0/HC) memory cards with capacity of up to 32GB

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones