• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I upgrade to 2.3?

Okay, so on the CyanogenMod 7.2 thread, I have to download Everything on there right? Such as the gApps, MMS Fix, and Flash with Ultrajack? I only have to download the latest versions of them (the First link, not the ones underneath) right? For example, the gApps, I only have to download the V1.0 one, right?
Also, do I have to download something called Rom manager or is it on my phone?
(Sorry, I'm almost done with asking the dumber questions..lol)

Upvote 0
Yup everything.
When I flashed it on my girlfriends phone I flashed it through CWM not ultrajack.
I've personally only used cwm. Not because I think Its better,just because that's the only option I've had on my previous phones

Rom manager is a app you download at the play store. That's what is usually used to install CWM, just download rom manager and press flash CWM recovery and choose whichever model shows(it'll work.
Well only install cwm if you prefer it over ultrajack.(from what I read there isn't much of a difference, I think cwm is more "known")

The mms fix that you're going to flash depends on which recovery (cwm or ultrajack) you chose.

Gapps I would download 1.2 since I imagine you're going to iinstall the latest version available of cm7

One last thing when flashing things through you're recovery don't flash everything at once. Flash one thing then reboot your phone go back to your recovery and flash the next and so on

Reactions: BlackTigress
Upvote 0
Hey, just forget it. I keep getting stuck and no matter what I do nothing resolves my problems. As of now, I Quit. I'm scared I might permanently screw up, and it's just Not worth it. I rather just deal with my phone the way it is instead of giving myself a headache trying to figure this crap out. Unless I some how get FULL step by step instructions on how to do EVERYTHING in order to get this mod to work, I quit on doing so. I'm to the point that I can't even go into recovery mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones