1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Can I upgrade to 2.3?Support

Last Updated:

1. BlackTigress

BlackTigress Well-Known Member

I heard of people upgrading their phones to a better android system.

How can I upgrade my 2.2. Huawei M835 to 2.3.?

Advertisement
  2. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

Go to the all things root section
    Root your phone and install can
    Then install cm7.2 (not the one from playful God) but from swisaiahag
    I had a couple problems with pgs from like the camera and wifi not working but swis from fixed that.
    Let me know if you need more help
    BlackTigress likes this.
  3. johnnyolivares

Go to the all things root section
    Root your phone and install can
    Then install cm7.2 (not the one from playful God) but from swisaiahag
    I had a couple problems with pgs from like the camera and wifi not working but swis from fixed that.
    Let me know if you need more help
  4. BlackTigress

You say to install "can"
    What exactly is that and where can I find it?
    Also, how exactly do you install CyanogenMod 7.2 Onto the phone?
    My phone is rooted with Superuser and Busy Box.
    (btw, I'm REALLY new to this and need as much help as possible..thanks!)
  5. johnnyolivares

Lol sorry. Stupid auto correct. I meant install CWM. Its in the all things root section as well
  6. BlackTigress

Okay. I've downloaded the CyanogenMod 7.2 and the CWM, exactly how do I install this on my phone?

Also I was wondering will this enable multitouch on this phone or is there something else I should download for that?
  7. johnnyolivares

I think it will be enabled. I'm not completely sure though
  8. BlackTigress

Okay. Well I've downloaded the CyanogenMod 7.2 and the CWM, exactly how do I install this on my phone?
  9. johnnyolivares

Put the rom on your SD card.
    And flash it through CWM also I believe you need to flash the gingerbread mms fix. That's where you found the download for cm7
  10. johnnyolivares

In case you don't know how to boot Into cwm
    Turn phone off
    Hold volume up and green button and press power

Navigate through the menu using the volume buttons and to press something use the power button

To flash go to install zip and then. Look for cm7 wherever you put it
  11. johnnyolivares

If for any reason I don't reply quickly enough
    Browse through the cm7 thread, I'm sure there's a lot of comments that can help you
  12. johnnyolivares

One more thing, to install cwm you should do it through rom manager
    It won't have your model but install whichever ones shows. I think its ideos I don't remember
    But it'll work. Just fine
  13. BlackTigress

Okay, so on the CyanogenMod 7.2 thread, I have to download Everything on there right? Such as the gApps, MMS Fix, and Flash with Ultrajack? I only have to download the latest versions of them (the First link, not the ones underneath) right? For example, the gApps, I only have to download the V1.0 one, right?
    Also, do I have to download something called Rom manager or is it on my phone?
    (Sorry, I'm almost done with asking the dumber questions..lol)
  14. johnnyolivares

Yup everything.
    When I flashed it on my girlfriends phone I flashed it through CWM not ultrajack.
    I've personally only used cwm. Not because I think Its better,just because that's the only option I've had on my previous phones

Rom manager is a app you download at the play store. That's what is usually used to install CWM, just download rom manager and press flash CWM recovery and choose whichever model shows(it'll work.
    Well only install cwm if you prefer it over ultrajack.(from what I read there isn't much of a difference, I think cwm is more "known")

The mms fix that you're going to flash depends on which recovery (cwm or ultrajack) you chose.

Gapps I would download 1.2 since I imagine you're going to iinstall the latest version available of cm7

One last thing when flashing things through you're recovery don't flash everything at once. Flash one thing then reboot your phone go back to your recovery and flash the next and so on
    BlackTigress likes this.
  15. johnnyolivares

Don't be sorry. Everyone was in your place at some point. Just don't forget to thank and hitting the thanks button never hurt anyone lol

I don't mean to get ahead of myself but after you're all set up check this link out. I usually flash it on whichever phone I'm working on

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1353903
  16. BlackTigress

Okay..So I download most of the links, put the rom on my SD card, flash it through CWM.
    Do I have to put the rom on a special folder or something?

Also, with this rom, will I be able to play 2.3 games on my phone - like some games that weren't compatible, will they become compatible?
  17. BlackTigress

Nevermind about the special folder..lol..
    Also, I've seen a bit how the CyanogenoMod looks..What would you reccomend as the best Performance settings for this phone?
  18. BlackTigress

I can't get into recovery mode. All it does is show the Huawei symbol and that's it. When I used Rom Manager, I pressed Huawei Ascend 2 instead of the Huawei u8160, and then afterwards pressed Huawei u8160. Did that mistake messed it up?
  19. BlackTigress

Hey, just forget it. I keep getting stuck and no matter what I do nothing resolves my problems. As of now, I Quit. I'm scared I might permanently screw up, and it's just Not worth it. I rather just deal with my phone the way it is instead of giving myself a headache trying to figure this crap out. Unless I some how get FULL step by step instructions on how to do EVERYTHING in order to get this mod to work, I quit on doing so. I'm to the point that I can't even go into recovery mode.