Can i use Apple earphones ?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

Was given some Apple earphones as a present and want to know if they will be compatible to use with GT 540?

2. YouTu_01

YouTu_01 Well-Known Member

if they use a 3.5mm jack , they can be used on any device that uses one
  3. xlomo

xlomo Active Member

I wouldn't be so sure, you better check them first, I bought Samsung earphones for my phone, and while they seemed to work, while playing music, they created a karaoke effect on the singers voice. So not every 3.5mm jack are compatible with gt540.
  4. iRhyiku

iRhyiku Well-Known Member

every 3.5mm is compatible..
    Cheaper Earphones will "distort" the music, i found this out with some ones i found lying around..
  5. xlomo

xlomo Active Member

Not really, the Samsung headphones work really well when I plug them to my pc, the problem is when I use them with the phone, so if possible, test before buy.
  6. Rooferkev

went ahead and tried them and they sound fine but the controls didn't work on them and when I unplugged them the headphones icon stayed on and didn't go until I turned phone off and on, so not sure whether to use them
  7. kevin95

kevin95 Well-Known Member

You can use PlayerPro to override the controls with the Apple earphones.
  8. Rooferkev

Tried proplayer and the pause/play button on the earphones works but the forward and back buttons don't, is there something in the settings to get them working?

Btw proplayer looks good is it better than winamp?
  9. kevin95

kevin95 Well-Known Member

Much better in my opinion but PowerAmp probably the best. Why don't you try it?