Can i use computer internet connection for download apps directly to phone?Support

1. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Hi!
    My desktop and mobile phone ISP have different speed. My home area don't have 3G coverage, so i can't properly download Android apps. So can i use my Desktop computer internet connection to download apps directly to my Android phone. I don't want download apps to computer insisted of that i want share my desktop internet connection.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Get a wireless router, connect to the internet via wifi.
  3. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Its really nice idea, but is it only solution?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Depends on the phone. I know HTC phones have an option that allow the phone to use the PC's internet connection when the phone is connected via USB cable.

Which phone do you own?
  5. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Thanks friend ur reply! I have Sony Ericsson Xperia mini. :D
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

When you connect it to the PC, does it give you an option to select the connection type? Sync/Disk Drive etc?
  7. donevGO

donevGO New Member

It is not exactly what you are asking for, but it may be a solution for you. Get the Sony Ericsson PC Companion on your pc if you don't have it allready. Then connect yor phone with the USB cable and look if the phone is recognised correctly by the PC Companion. Then open android market on your pc and when you click the install button of an application, the PC Companion automaticaly downloads it to the phone and installs it. :) Hope that helps...
  8. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

You answer is wrong, buddy! I need share my computer internet connection with my android phone. :D
  9. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

10. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

11. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

Andima likes this.
  12. adrianthomas93

adrianthomas93 New Member

All apps on my phone was disappear due certain problems.Including market and all of my file manager. so, i need to know how to install market and any file manager back to my phone ...please help..
  13. donevGO

donevGO New Member

Hi again. It took some time but i found a way to do that. Tested on my mini and it works. It rquires ROOT !!! Check this link [Tool][Windows Only][Root] Android Reverse Tethering 2.30 - xda-developers
    !!! To download apps from the market using this method you need an active 3g or WiFi connection. It downloads through the usb but if no active connection is detected on the phone it won't let you download !!!
  14. Dheeraj12

Dheeraj12 New Member

Guys i got MTS its a datacard with good speed. i want to know that whenever i go to player store at internet of computer and when i click on install which net mobile uses the Pc's one or the phone's one ?"