Can I use International Unlocked version on AT&TSupport

Last Updated:

1. VJKotts

VJKotts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Samsung Galaxy S 3G bands - EDGE/GPRS 900/1800/1900 (not entirely sure about this)

AT&T 3G bands - 850/1900

Can I use the International unlocked version on AT&T and get 3G coverage on ATT or do I need to have both bands 850 and 1900 in my area?

I could wait for the AT&T version, but I am concerned that AT&T will change some of the features and cripple the phone. They have done this before.

Advertisement
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Oh best believe if AT&T does get it that will more than likely happen. Yahoo on a google phone is just unjust.

3. doctajay

doctajay Well-Known Member

the bands for the international version is 900/1900/2100. at&t use 1900 in most places for 3g so it should work. however you should be warned that samsung themselves have announced that they are partnering with yahoo to put their crap on all their phones.

4. VJKotts

VJKotts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't mind yahoo on the phone as long as I can switch the defaults to google in search, etc.

Found this online.Looks like AT&T has decent 1900 3g band coverage. I think I should be fine with the international version.

Cellular Maps.com-AT&T 850 vs. 1900 MHz Coverage

5. Phawx

Phawx Active Member

The answer is yes.

6. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I would be concerned that not having the 850 would leave me vulernable to access. Also I have read that AT&T's focus on expansionis on 850.

I am hoping that some folks on XDA support this great phone, and enable capability to root it.

7. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

try this

Attached Files: