Can i use my galaxy s2 while charging?Support

Last Updated: 2013-01-06 15:23:38
  1. PeaceNotWar02

PeaceNotWar02 New Member

Help! I bought a samsung galaxy s2 last may 25, my battery drains too quickly and i'm an
    Games addict.

Here's the question: Can i use my samsung galaxy s2 while charging?

Advertisement
  2. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't see why not.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Yes you can. However, continuous drain/charge can generate some heat, which isn't very healthy for electronic components. If you find this happening you may want to put it in airplane mode or turn off all non-essential services if you need a data connection while playing.

Make sure you use a wall charger and not the USB cable plugged into a PC. PC USB ports may not provide enough mA to keep it from discharging. It may only slow it down.
  4. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

thanks. what do u mean by 'non essential services' that can be turned off.
  5. rclem18

rclem18 New Member

I have the same issue. i plug mine into a wall charger while using but it still says "discharging" i bought the samsung wire but plug it into a generic usb wall plug. is this an issue? does it have to be a samsung wall unit?
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hard to say if it's the cable, the phone or the charger. If the charger will charge other devices and the phone will charge using another method (like a cradle) then it will be the USB cable that's the problem. Try plugging the phone into a different charger or a USB port on a PC to see if it still indicates it's discharging.
  7. Prince-W

Prince-W Member

I'm curious. What about Battery Extender Case? Basically it will continue charging the phone while using it. I believe this will also generate some heat and badly shorten the internal battery life. :confused: