Can I use my X10 as a modem?Support

1. chiko930

chiko930 Member

Hi, can anyone tell me whether I can use my X10 as a modem for my laptop?

I've been told that if I download PC suite then I can but I can't seem to get my phone to sync with it.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikecoulter

mikecoulter Well-Known Member

When you plug your phone in to your computer, unlock your phone and select internet sharing.
  3. chiko930

chiko930 Member

I don't think I have that option :confused:
  4. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Think its only HTCs that have that option. Or 2.1 phones, not sure.
  5. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

Get EasyTether Lite for free from the Market then say thank you for me... :D
    pjembernate likes this.
  6. spiffykidd

spiffykidd New Member

Does it work with a Macbook Pro?
    pjembernate likes this.
  7. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Try PDAnet. They Mac tether and the paid app for your phone is 9.99. They have a free trial too.
  8. ariahha

ariahha New Member

9. ariahha

ariahha New Member

10. dereksaunders9

dereksaunders9 New Member

:):):):):)thank you very much for your advice kamm, i have just got my sony x10 and i used easy tether it worked straight away n works perfect for me :):):)
    pjembernate likes this.
  11. gavindeadman02

gavindeadman02 New Member

Wow, i've been trying to sort this for ages. Thanks guys, really appreciate it. 3G is quicker than my normal broadband :).
  12. awmilton

awmilton New Member

try barnacle. it works unbelievably well for me. turns your phone into a wireless hotsot.
  13. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Hey guys, please keep warez off this forum.

I would also second the suggestion to try PdaNet. Works very well.

If you want wireless tethering and have rooted your X10, then definitely look at Barnacle. It's free, and works wonderfully, though will eat your battery for lunch.
  14. SErooted

SErooted New Member

Saltorio,

along with everyone else that has posted. thank you all. your dedication to searching and locating certain files is much appreciated. the reason i message you is i see that you have an x10a rooted and os of 2.1..... i have had no luck on flashing or installing roms. is there any advice that you may be able to lend? in advance..... thank you for your time and response. SErooted
  15. pjembernate

pjembernate New Member

thank you so much!!! i also used etherlite and I got connected.. I can finally used my internet data!:D
  16. mr_esmit

mr_esmit Well-Known Member

Root and then download Barnacle from the market FTW!!!!!
  17. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

^^
  18. cybersans

cybersans New Member

until they provide modem driver for android phone, especially sony xperia, then they will be impossible to make your phone as a modem and bridging the connection (eg: dial from your pc using *99#). right now the only option is to share your already connected internet by your phone with a pc, which means phone act as a router.
  19. se.xperia

se.xperia New Member

you may download 2.3 gingerbread and update your android... thats it!
    you now have a wifi hotspot on your phone to connect your laptop and use as a modem.