• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I use normal earphones with my HTC Desire?

R

rumbataz

Just wondering, can I plug a regular set of earphones into my Desire. The standard headset for the desire has a microphone and a 3.5mm plug with an extra terminal. Also, I find the stock earbuds very uncomfortable.

I want to plug my Sennheiser IE7 earphones into it but don't want to damage the phone or the earphones (as both are expensive items) unless I know that they'll be fine.

I'm not bothered about the microphone capability - I just want to listen to podcasts and music using my IE7 earphones.

Just wondering, can I plug a regular set of earphones into my Desire. The standard headset for the desire has a microphone and a 3.5mm plug with an extra terminal. Also, I find the stock earbuds very uncomfortable.

I want to plug my Sennheiser IE7 earphones into it but don't want to damage the phone or the earphones (as both are expensive items) unless I know that they'll be fine.

I'm not bothered about the microphone capability - I just want to listen to podcasts and music using my IE7 earphones.

Yes, you can use any standard set of headphones with a 3.5mm jack.

Upvote 0

Man, you're still using IE7? Get Firefox like a real man.

:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones