Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

The recovery? No

Our choices are Team Win Recovery Project or ClockworkMod

I'd highly suggest TWRP
  3. rdefino

rdefino Well-Known Member

So I used the command line to install/copy the .img file to the nexus, byt how do I boot into the recovery mode?

Having trouble locating some good directions for it.

Thanks
  4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Keep holding vol down while you're turning it on.
    Rxpert83 and rdefino like this.
  5. rdefino

thanks, One more question.

Now with Safestrap I could enable safestrap so it backed up my current stock mod and install and boot a new rom. Then I could disabled SS to boot the stock rom.

Can TWRP do something like that?
  6. Rxpert83

You make a nandroid backup before flashing a new ROM. If you want to go back just restore the nandroid
  7. rdefino

I made a nanodroid backup and it's only 20mb.

That's doesn't seem right.

I choose the option the keep the backup files on the nexus.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks
  8. Rxpert83

Your doing the nandroid from recovery? Selecting backup and then swiping to perform the backup?

It should be rather large. Its backing up the whole device
  9. PhaseBurn

PhaseBurn Active Member

Why do you recommend TWRP over ClockworkMod?
  10. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

It has a few advanced options, like the ability to select multiple files to flash, it has themes, a file explorer, terminal emulator... etc (at least the versions I've used for other devices in the past do... I have yet to try twrp on the n7... but I'm dl'ing it now to check it out :) )

Edit- I MAY check it out later... goo is going S L O W
  11. Rxpert83

This morning I typed out a very long response and then the forum went down:sly:, but basically it comes down to issues I've encountered on other devices. I'm sure it works fine for nexii, but it had issues wiping on one of my previous devices (i got to deal with a lot of support questions from it) and it bricks misc partitions on my current one. They had to pull support for it. Overall just a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, its another way to steer new people clear of ROM manager until they learn to do things manually via recovery and fast boot. I always suggest staying away from apps that automate recovery functions. They tend to cause more issues than they are worth for those who are new to rooting.
  12. PhaseBurn

PhaseBurn Active Member

I think the Koushbag does an awesome job with RomManager though... does TWRP work with it?