Can I use the Desire on T-Mobile?

1. xizzmatt

xizzmatt Member

I'm planning on buying the HTC Desire unlocked online and use it on a T-Mobile Prepaid plan. Would this work, if so would I have 3G? Thanks in advance! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

Yup as long your phone is "sim free" which is another term used for unlocked phones. When I got my sim free Desire I used T-mobile sim for first few months now Ive switched over to 3uk without any problems so I dont see why you shouldn't be able to do the same.
    xizzmatt likes this.
  3. xizzmatt

xizzmatt Member

Thank you! How much do you think a Desire would sell for now? I'll unlock it myself if I have to if it'll be cheaper :D
  4. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

Well it depends on the condition of the phone. Ive noticed a scratch/mark free Desire is selling for around
  5. xizzmatt

xizzmatt Member

Ouch that pretty steep. What about a Nexus One.
  6. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Steep??
    Sounds pretty cheap to me.

Anyway, just as an addendum. You will get 3G, but not HSDPA unless you pay extra for Web 'n' Walk+.
  7. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

You got to remember Desire is very good phone and its still in demand but having said that the price has come tumbling down since I first bought it for
  8. xizzmatt

xizzmatt Member

I'm just not use to spending more than
  9. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

Well you might get Nexus One for less than
  10. wolvotim

wolvotim Member

I bought mine yesterday someone on eBay who was local to me was selling an unwanted upgrade unused still in the security sealed box 200 cash
  11. GingaB

GingaB Well-Known Member

Desire or Nexus?? Im pretty sure your talking about Desire.. As I mentioned above the going price is round
  12. xizzmatt

xizzmatt Member

200 $ or