Can I use the Unrevoked 3.2.1 if I have S-Off?

Last Updated:

1. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Back on 2.1 I broke down and rooted and used unrevoked 3 and unrevoked forever, then I went back to unrooted for the Froyo update. I left my S-OFF. I guess the question is can I just apply the new unrevoked for Froyo?
    Its a stupid noob question, but its one that I'm not entirely clear on from reading the excellent posts and help guides.

thanks in advance! I appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

No need to use unrevoked again.

How can I use S-OFF to recover from an unrooted update?
    S-OFF gives your device permanent NAND unlock in the booted system, and also disables HBOOT's signature checking on firmware zip files. So, even if you take a OTA that has not been rooted, you can simply flash a new recovery that allows you to install su, and use that to restore yourself to a fully rooted system. We have provided ClockworkMod and Amon-Ra recovery images for you to use for this purpose.

public:forever [RootWiki]

Ufkal likes this.
  3. Ufkal

Ok, so I can start flashing roms and such now? I thought when I updated to Froyo I had to unroot again? Or do I need to run a new clockworkMod? -

I'm trying to follow the instructions and advice on your page, I just want to make sure I'm not messing things up.

4. DizkoDan

You need to reinstall clockwork, then you need superuser. After that you are set. the instructions are on the forever wiki.

5. Ufkal

right on. Thanks Dizko. I'll give it a try!

6. Ufkal

Ok last stupid questions I promise (until the next one). If I run the new unrevoked, will it hurt anything?

7. DizkoDan

That's actually a good question. I don't know how the new version works with forever being part of it. Just join the irc channel and ask, I'm sure they can tell you.

8. Ufkal

I tried asking at the irc channel, but they were busy as heck. So I went ahead and flashed away. After the 2nd time, (the first giving me the "Opps, we couldn't flash message) I got root so I'm all golden. Thanks for you suggestions and help!