1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

can it be done? - notifications +/- volume control

Last Updated:

1. leftkidney

leftkidney Banned This Topic's Starter

I have searched and havent found anything talking about this so if I am wrong please point it out

I was wondering if this can be done

an app or mod that will use the microphone to sense the amount of noise around you and adjust the notifications accordingly - that is to say when its quiet, next to my bed and I am sleeping I want it to be all quiet sounds - but when I am working and there is fan noises and other stuff that is louder then normal I want the notifications to be loud - but if I walk into the break room which is quiet I want it to be quiet again - or if I am listening to music in a room or car turn up the notifications so I can here them and back down when not

you know take a sound reading and turn up or down the volume of the notification that is happening at that given time

only problem being when its in your pocket it will always seem to be quieter then normal so they will be quiet also, so there would need to be something to listen to the sound and determine if its being muffled by a pocket or whatever and turn it up then - if playing a sound and analysing that sound it should be able to determine what environment the phone is in, like a pocket or bag that will make it quiter

I am not even sure if i am describing this properly but I know someone can probably figure it out, but it might have to be something the manufacturer does, like that phone that has 2 microphones to auto cancel out background noises like a bluetooth headset

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Or louder than normal as the mic rubbing against the pocket creates noise (even if you can't hear it).

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member