• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can it be turned off???

I'm using the stock app that comes with the phone. Let me explain... You get a text message and your phone is locked. When you touch the screen, at least on my phone, you can see who has texted you last and also see a few of the words from the text. I use the lock screen that requires me to draw a pattern to unlock the screen. After unlocking the screen, I go to the messages and then read the message. The thing is this..my wife and I sometimes send texts saying things to each other that I don't want my kids to see. Either of them can pick up the phone, touch the screen and see a "quick preview" of a part of the message. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'm using the stock app that comes with the phone. Let me explain... You get a text message and your phone is locked. When you touch the screen, at least on my phone, you can see who has texted you last and also see a few of the words from the text. I use the lock screen that requires me to draw a pattern to unlock the screen. After unlocking the screen, I go to the messages and then read the message. The thing is this..my wife and I sometimes send texts saying things to each other that I don't want my kids to see. Either of them can pick up the phone, touch the screen and see a "quick preview" of a part of the message. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ah.....NOW I understand. You initial post made no sense.

Have you turned off received notifications?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the assist. Not sure if I can get you out of the ticket. Im trying to figure out the scenario.... I usually tell friends to claim not guilty and if found guilty appeal the decision to the next higher court. The next higher court, 9 times out of 10, has bigger fish to fry and mostly will dismiss the case because of their case loads. DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR ANYTHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Disclaimer.... Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the assist. Not sure if I can get you out of the ticket. Im trying to figure out the scenario.... I usually tell friends to claim not guilty and if found guilty appeal the decision to the next higher court. The next higher court, 9 times out of 10, has bigger fish to fry and mostly will dismiss the case because of their case loads. DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR ANYTHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Disclaimer.... Good luck.

I have won every time I have represented myself bit this ones tricky...I was actually speeding but in an attempt to avoid the two idiots that ran the stop sign.
wow appeal....that's an avenue I had never really thought about!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones