Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?General

Last Updated:

1. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I mean, seriously. If ever there was an app that didn't need to be in beta any longer (0.4.4? it's not even half of a whole version?), it's this. Setting the number of home screens and flying app drawers and docks are great, but there are a few little features that are ABSOLUTELY stellar:

Advertisement
    wryun, talk and Tech Addiction like this.
  2. ttamnedlog

And I just realized they finally fixed the lock screen wallpaper shift. Hot damn!

3. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

Their needs to be the ability to use the htc widgets. Stability issues - got a couple of force closes. Ability to view apps in list form.

4. ttamnedlog

Ah, good point about the HTC widgets. I don't use them so I don't miss them, but I know many people do. Is it even possible?

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?

I thought this when it first came out....and yet it still has become even awesomer :D I love it

6. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

What are the main differences from ADW? Been using that and I cant really complain at all.

7. ryanjf8

ryanjf8 New Member

i think it's great, but one thing that really bugs me that's not present in adw or any other home replacement i've tried is a color depth issue when you swipe between screens on the home. it is easily evidenced when using black-backgrounded widgets. when a screen is in focus and no fingers are touching the screen, everything looks just fine. however, do a half-scroll (and hold finger on screen) and you'll see a definite difference being that banding of the gradient shifts is now obvious and pronounced on on the widgets. not a dealbreaker, but it's really annoying because no other home app does this (home++ did it way back when but i haven't checked it out in a minute). if the dev would fix that, it'd most likely replace Sense for good.

if that's the only issue that i have with it, that's definitely a great thing. i just happen to notice stuff like that and it bugs me, even if it's not major at all. i still use it occasionally, as i'm not anal like that. :)

8. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I don't really know as I have only read about ADW and it gets great reviews. I just like LP because it's firstly blazing fast which adds to the already fast Inc and secondly because it's simple no bells and whistles, and clean. Some use both you can try both to see what you like better ;)

9. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

i want landscape mode. permanent landscape mode option

10. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

what do you mean by permanent?

11. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member

Probably some box to check to turn off portrait mode and only have the phone run in landscape.

12. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

Didnt think of that. Makes sense though.

The 5 rows thing is pretty cool but too bad they overlap in landscape mode or else I would have used it. Other than that I love launcher pro. Every release it gets better and better

13. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member

I love it. Choose to turn off landscape mode and just go for the 5 rows. The only thing that I could see to make it better, which I don't know if it can be done with just UI, is I wish you could rotate to landscape mode in either direction. Leftys need love too...

14. yourfriendwayned

yourfriendwayned Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HTC Widget? Just use Fancy Widget OW OW!

eric1589 likes this.
  15. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Anyone else get BeautifulWidgets to work with Launcher Pro? For some reason they arent on my widget list

16. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Mine showed up, try unistalling it and reinstalling it.. That might do the trick.

Anyone find a good bookmarks widget replacement for the HTC one?!

17. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

Meh. Tried both it and ADW. Didn't like either one. SenseUI works just fine for my needs. I don't want/need tons of icons on my screens - I prefer widgets where possible. I found it wasn't any more convenient for me to have things on a dock either. Plus, I can feel a noticeable slow-down when using these apps.

Rdjr74 likes this.
  18. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

I tried ADW launcher and didn't really like it. I haven't messed around with launcher pro lots since I just installed it but its looks awesome! I love the ability to keep those 5 icons at the bottom for messaging and phone, etc.

19. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I love LauncherPro tried to go back to Sense and couldn't stand it . The only thing I really need is a Mobile Network Toggle that actually works. I have tried a ton of them and none of them do anything. The mobile Network sense toggle is fantastic but not enough for me to use sense. Launcher Pro all the way

20. neggie

neggie Well-Known Member

just downloaded this fancy widget and compaired it to the stock htc sense...its almost identical...will not do the animation(dont really care) and is accuarate with my temp in chicago as it uses weather.com for forcast also accurate with weather.com's app as well very nice. thanks!

21. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Hit weather part of the icon and animations and a 3 day forcast will pop up

22. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

there's no way to use sense widgets on launcherpro is it?

23. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

I use the weather and toggle widget to look like the stock HTC clock and just turn off the backround around the numbers and it looks great.

BTW why can't one of these add (either LauncherPro or ADW) the ability to chage the damn middle dock button? I don't want it stuck on the app draw (that's worthless when you have all your apps already on 7 screens) I want to have five choices down below instead of 4.

Liebow27 likes this.
  24. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

I am also looking for this.

25. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

So am I. I can not believe with all the apps in the app market that there is not one good bookmark app or widget.

I mean how hard is that to come up with?