• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?

i think it's great, but one thing that really bugs me that's not present in adw or any other home replacement i've tried is a color depth issue when you swipe between screens on the home. it is easily evidenced when using black-backgrounded widgets. when a screen is in focus and no fingers are touching the screen, everything looks just fine. however, do a half-scroll (and hold finger on screen) and you'll see a definite difference being that banding of the gradient shifts is now obvious and pronounced on on the widgets. not a dealbreaker, but it's really annoying because no other home app does this (home++ did it way back when but i haven't checked it out in a minute). if the dev would fix that, it'd most likely replace Sense for good.

if that's the only issue that i have with it, that's definitely a great thing. i just happen to notice stuff like that and it bugs me, even if it's not major at all. i still use it occasionally, as i'm not anal like that. :)

Upvote 0
What are the main differences from ADW? Been using that and I cant really complain at all.

I don't really know as I have only read about ADW and it gets great reviews. I just like LP because it's firstly blazing fast which adds to the already fast Inc and secondly because it's simple no bells and whistles, and clean. Some use both you can try both to see what you like better ;)

Upvote 0
The 5 rows thing is pretty cool but too bad they overlap in landscape mode or else I would have used it. Other than that I love launcher pro. Every release it gets better and better

I love it. Choose to turn off landscape mode and just go for the 5 rows. The only thing that I could see to make it better, which I don't know if it can be done with just UI, is I wish you could rotate to landscape mode in either direction. Leftys need love too...

Upvote 0
hscaptureh.png

HTC Widget? Just use Fancy Widget OW OW!

Reactions: eric1589
Upvote 0
just downloaded this fancy widget and compaired it to the stock htc sense...its almost identical...will not do the animation(dont really care) and is accuarate with my temp in chicago as it uses weather.com for forcast also accurate with weather.com's app as well very nice. thanks!

Hit weather part of the icon and animations and a 3 day forcast will pop up

Upvote 0
I use the weather and toggle widget to look like the stock HTC clock and just turn off the backround around the numbers and it looks great.

BTW why can't one of these add (either LauncherPro or ADW) the ability to chage the damn middle dock button? I don't want it stuck on the app draw (that's worthless when you have all your apps already on 7 screens) I want to have five choices down below instead of 4.

Reactions: Liebow27
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones