• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?

Yes, it can get more awesome: stop FC'ing on me when I try to add something to the dock. Or it just takes 20 seconds to bring up the list of applications & shortcuts. I don't get it.

Also, it simply slows down when scrolling between different screens.

avoid the fc's, just use folder org to change the dock icons including that fugly default app drawer, that really bothered me

Upvote 0
How do you get the shadow box around the bottom 4 icons? My screen does not show it and I do not see any setting for it. Install LP yesterday and love it!

hscaptureh.png

HTC Widget? Just use Fancy Widget OW OW!

Upvote 0
I am probably getting 5 force closes a day. I still love this app. I am only out of commision for a couple secs. Usually seems to happen on orientation change on home screen.

One really annoying thing is that one day, for apparently no reason (meaning no change in apps), sometimes there is a 5 second lag exiting out of a program using the home key.

Anyone else have this?

Upvote 0
And, are the people who are deciding to not use Launcher Pro switching to ADW or going back to stock Sense?

I was getting lots of FC's with LP. Switched to the new ADW and it's more stable and faster. I'm sure my LP FC's were just because of the apps/widgets I run, but ADW with an identical setup runs nice. I like LP's dock better (skinnable app drawer now!) but stability is king!

Upvote 0
I don't have time to read this entire thread, but I just downloaded LP after skimming the first 2 pages and seeing all the praise.

It seems like it has potential to be siiick. I can live w/o some of the HTC widgets, but how do I get the weather/clock widget I saw someone had a few pages back with LP? That one I really don't want to give up.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I don't have time to read this entire thread, but I just downloaded LP after skimming the first 2 pages and seeing all the praise.

It seems like it has potential to be siiick. I can live w/o some of the HTC widgets, but how do I get the weather/clock widget I saw someone had a few pages back with LP? That one I really don't want to give up.

Thanks!

I believe the HTC looking weather/clock widget is called Fancy Widget, however last time I checked, it was pulled from the market. I'm sure you can find an apk for it if you google search

Good find on the update! Can't wait for a new update that supports 3rd party notifications

What do you mean by 3rd party notifications? I use handcent for texting and it integrates perfectly into the dock bar, all you have to do is make sure you use the LauncherPro icons. The dev said he is working on a Gmail and possible built-in email app notification integration.

Reactions: SeattleYanksFan
Upvote 0
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH What pisses me off with the new update (even as cool as it is) is that the notification for missed calls or sms only shows up next to the launcherpro grey icons...I hope he can adjust that so the same popup will appear next to custom icons in the dock tray just as long as it is associated with phone/message.

Maybe it can't distinguish?

Upvote 0
...and it just keeps getting better and better thanks Fede!!! ;)

I saw this maybe this can help? Please note that for these notifications to work, you must either use the corresponding LauncherPro-style icon, or have the shortcut set for the stock phone/messaging app. It should work with other apps as long as you use the LauncherPro icon, and it should work with custom icons as long as you use the stock apps. Support for 3rd party apps with custom icons *might* come in the future but it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones