• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?

I wonder why these launchers can not have extra screens above or below the home screen. It is great to have up to 7 sceens but it takes a lot of scrolling to get to them. It seems like we could have extra screens by scrolling up or down.

That is one thing I miss from my WinMobile days using SPB Mobile Shell. (about the only thing I miss from WinMo)

Upvote 0
I wonder why these launchers can not have extra screens above or below the home screen. It is great to have up to 7 sceens but it takes a lot of scrolling to get to them. It seems like we could have extra screens by scrolling up or down.

That is one thing I miss from my WinMobile days using SPB Mobile Shell. (about the only thing I miss from WinMo)
that would be sweet

up down left right, 5 screens

please?

Upvote 0
How do you use Bettercut with the icons you have in the dock? Whenever I create a shortcut by long pressing on the dock icon I want to change, go to Bettercut, create the icon and save it, the icon just shows up with my other apps and not in the dock. That is the one thing holding me back right now. Being able to use Sense widgets would be a deal maker for me as well.

+1 this is why i use ADW. is it possible on LP though?

Upvote 0

that would be sweet

up down left right, 5 screens

please?

you guys need to try out dxtop

Upvote 0
I installed LauncherPro, don't mind losing the other screens, but I'm only getting three rows plus google search.
1. How do I get four or five rows?
2. How do I eliminate the name under an icon?
You don't lose screens. You have the choice to go with 2 to 7 screens.

1. Four rows is default. Google Search is simply a 4x1 widget that you can reposition or get rid of if you like. To get five rows, it is in the preferences.
2. Also in the preferences.

Reactions: talk
Upvote 0
Seriously, how are you guys using Launcher Pro without this feature? I can't even imagine how annoying it must be to constantly check for new texts and emails by having to open the apps.
I think notifications still work regardless of which launcher you use, no?

That said, I haven't found a good reason to switch to LauncherPro (or APK) from Sense. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm waiting for a killer reason to. I have all three installed, and the Switcher app, but sense is my default for now. (I really like how I can change my Scene with Sense, so if my GF wants to use my phone, I can just change the Scene to one she can customize.)

Upvote 0
Seriously, how are you guys using Launcher Pro without this feature? I can't even imagine how annoying it must be to constantly check for new texts and emails by having to open the apps.
If I'm away from my phone all day and missed text messages and emails, the notification bar up top tells me that I missed text messages and emails. It works that way in Sense or LauncherPro or any other launcher.

So I'm in the opposite boat. I seriously don't understand why anybody needs unread counter bubbles.

Upvote 0
I think notifications still work regardless of which launcher you use, no?

That said, I haven't found a good reason to switch to LauncherPro (or APK) from Sense. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm waiting for a killer reason to. I have all three installed, and the Switcher app, but sense is my default for now. (I really like how I can change my Scene with Sense, so if my GF wants to use my phone, I can just change the Scene to one she can customize.)

Maybe its all in my head, but I think LauncherPro is faster and more responsive. You can also change the number of icons you can put on each screen, so that is already reason enough for me.

As for the unread, at this point, its just a matter of habit to look at the icon to see a notification bubble. I never really use the dropdown menu for notifications.

I made a post on the LauncherPro forums about adding that feature and as far as I know, the one dev said he's working on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones