1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can my App. avoid killing process by Task manager?

Last Updated:

1. ydcho

ydcho New Member This Topic's Starter

My Alarm App. didn't operate because Adavanced task manager killed alarm app....

How can alarm avoid to kill process by task manager except including alarm into ignore list??

Or Can I hide alarm app. in killing list of task manager?

Sombody help me....:(

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Do not use auto-kill.

3. ydcho

ydcho New Member This Topic's Starter

First of all thanks for your reply..

But I mean that wonder alarm App. is not effected killing operation from task manager...

The way that alarm operates on time despite any action by task manager, I want to know.

And I got a solution that application's atrribute, "android:process" in manifest.xml, is assigned to phone process, which use same process, althought don't sure right way.

I think it will be critical issue that alarm operates in other application's process...

4. neyel8r

neyel8r Well-Known Member

are asking how to keep Alarm from being killed without putting it in the ignore list?
    or are you asking how does Alarm keep working after you've killed it?
    i'm not sure i understand...

if you put it in the ignore list, it won't show up in the kill list anymore & won't ever be killed unless you kill it manually through settings or another app (manually or automatically). if you do not want it to always be killed, you might need to turn off autokill.

if Alarm keeps working or restarting after you've killed it, then some other app or service is probably using it.

5. Dexter_prog

Dexter_prog Member

neyel, what do you mean by putting it in the ignore list? I want to have some apps running all the time, 24/7, but android keeps killing them after some time (I am not using any task manager or autokiller)