Can my wife use the Droid?

Last Updated:

1. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my wife hinted at me she wants an iphone. Bleh... "My coworkers have one and they like it." she says. But I'm wondering if the Droid would be a better choice or would it be to niche for us geeks? Her main needs would ease of use, heavy web browsing (yea she likes to shop, what girl doesn't?) :) occasional music playing and some email. So could my wife use the Droid?

Kind regards,
    s-one

Advertisement
  2. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

You should DEF get her an iPhone...

i'm not a fanboy either... but save yourself the trouble man... get her an iPhone and she will love you for it =D

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Yeah, sorry to say that the iPhone is probably what she wants. My gf still swears that her iPhone is better than my myTouch. They want what they want. Chances are, even though it's miles better that the iPhone, she won't be happy with the Droid.

4. s-one

Thanks guys for the responses. Yea guess you all are right. The iphone probably is more suitable for the mrs. I'm reading rumors too that a $99 8gb 3gs iphone "might" arrive in time for the holidays. So that may be the ticket for her. I was so hoping to get 2 Droids today.. so it looks like only 1. Droid still does.

5. andrewdoane

andrewdoane Well-Known Member

What about the keyboard? Not trying to make any gender stereotypes here but in my experience women are more likely than men to demand a physical keyboard. Does that appeal to her? I know my wife would never tolerate a virtual keyboard so if she were picking she'd take a Droid. Of course, they're all unnecessary man-toys in her mind so she has an LG enV3.

6. s-one

Hey Andrew that's a very good point. Hmm... I too am not a big fan of virtual keyboards which is another plus as to why I'm droiding.... I'll have to really consider this also. Much appreciated.