• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can new update 98.72.165.en.us be refused??

Is there a way to refuse the new update 98.72.165.en.us? The reminders have become very annoying. The last time I updated my Razr Maxx I dearly regretted it and do not wish to make that mistake again. If anyone knows how to refuse and forever stop the infernal reminders concerning this update please share!!

Long press the notification. You'll get an App info button. Press that and you'll be in the Application manger for the app that's notifying you of the update. Clear cache. Clear data. Now you won't get bothered.
I followed your instructions but have discovered that the update has somehow downloaded itself to my phone and is lying in wait to be installed. I think this happened the first time I got the message and pressed the "Learn More" link which took me to the Verizon website. I have checked my downloads folder and it is empty. I have gone through the files in my "manage apps" folder but not sure which one to delete. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
This is an update to the Firmware, not an app. On a stock, unrooted phone there is nothing you can do. You either accept the update and let it install, or pretty much forever be bugged/reminded to install it.

The update itself is pretty minor, its not even a .1 OS update, just bug fixes, which probably don't even apply to you.

If you aren't rooted, there's little reason to decline it. If you are rooted you will lose root but can re-root without difficulty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones