• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can not add location to smart actions RAZR M

ShanDroyd

Jun 11, 2011
It doesn't matter which mode I select, IE: home, work, etc. I can not add a location to make the setting work automatically. I tap on add location, tap the + button, and nothing happens. I have tried clearing the settings for Smart Actions in the remove apps section, but still no luck. I am using the most updated version as of posting this problem.

I must mention that I previously uninstalled smart actions ( rooted ) and later decided I wanted to use it so I downloaded it directly from the Google Play store.

Motorola Droid RAZR M XT907

baseband# SM_BP_1139.000.32.62P

android ver. 4.1.1

build # 9.8.10_27-2

I agree the Google Cards are useless, I too do not need to be notified how far I am from home. LOL :D

How ever, now that the VZW Auto WIFI on app is not compatible with the M, I thought "smart actions" would help to disable GPS and activate WIFI, and adjust my ringer automatically.

My first experience with smart actions ( dumb actions...) was bad. I had put a meeting date in my calender and smart actions kept responding to all my texts with " in a meeting" even days after the meeting ended. I could not fix it. I even cleared the cache and settings, and it still malfunctioned, so I just uninstalled it.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I have a Smart action set up to use one wall paper when home and another when not. When ever I get wifi, I get the home wall paper, no matter where I am. It's not a big deal for me. My other Smart actions work without problems.

It isn't helpful for Google Now to tell me how long it will take me to get home from work, however it is not intrusive about it. It is helpful to tell me how long it will take me to get home when I am at other places. If I Google an address on my desktop, Google Now remembers it and shows it as a card, that is helpful. It tells me when to leave to make it on time for appointments. I like it, and look forward to it getting better.

Upvote 0
I had issues with putting locations into Smart Actions as well, at first I thought it was because I live in the middle of nowhere and I was trying to put in my home address, but it wouldn't even let me use the latitude and longitude and then it wouldn't let me put in addresses in the city either so I knew it wasn't just my address causing the problem. After uninstalling and reinstalling the updates to it and then rebooting my phone it finally worked fine for both rural and city locations, although I did have to set up all my actions again from scratch.

I'd recommend rebooting your phone first before uninstalling/reinstalling the updates so that you might save yourself the headache of setting everything up again. Unfortunately, I found the update suggestion before I saw a post that said it could be fixed with a reboot so I had already uninstalled my updates. For all I know, the reboot alone may have been enough to fix it.

While my issue was a little different as I could at least get to the input portion of the location screen, since the location part of the app seems so finicky maybe it could help in this circumstance as well.

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter which mode I select, IE: home, work, etc. I can not add a location to make the setting work automatically. I tap on add location, tap the + button, and nothing happens. I have tried clearing the settings for Smart Actions in the remove apps section, but still no luck. I am using the most updated version as of posting this problem.

I must mention that I previously uninstalled smart actions ( rooted ) and later decided I wanted to use it so I downloaded it directly from the Google Play store.

Motorola Droid RAZR M XT907

baseband# SM_BP_1139.000.32.62P

android ver. 4.1.1

build # 9.8.10_27-2

I recently did a complete restore ( no longer rooted ) and all is now well. Funny thing I found Smart actions to be rather worthless... lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones