• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can not connect to Market Place

LeeUHF

Aug 17, 2010
The other day My phone died completely so I did a hard reset.

Everything fine but for some reason I can not access my google/market place.

To get to my apps, I have to sign in through the market using my google account, Using the one I always try I can an error and also get it when I try to create a new one.

"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." Please contact your date provider.

Called T-mobile (UK) they have no idea, Tried some other forums which gave me an .apk but this doesnt work as It doesnt have a T-mobile UK setting... This is what I was given
---------------------
Market Enabler available for download at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18721949/ch....tenabler-1.apk

Download Market Enabler, copy to device, tap to install
Open ME, select Settings List
Tap and hold on a carrier
select "fake this provider now" > allow"
------------------

This doesnt work as When you go to settings list It doesnt show UK carriers (Mine is T-mobile) and the ones there dont work.

Any help appriciated.

Mabey your APN settings ar incorrect or not set i had this after a hard reset..

Follow these steps to get to the apn settings:
1. Touch the Menu key
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Wireless & networks
4. Touch Mobile networks
5. Touch Access Point Names

on this link you'll find the settings for T-mobile uk (It sais gprs but they use the same for 3G)
GPRS Connectivity - Information and UK Settings

Reactions: enap66
Upvote 0
Yes guys, he is right. What you need to do is go to your settings, then your wireless & networks, then click on mobile networks and once there, click the "data enabled" box. This will put you back online. Good luck. One thing though, it didn't fix the gmail situation and I still can't get it to sync or load up but it's not a big deal since I don't use it. I'm sure it's something simple.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones