Can not go on Android market?!Support

Last Updated:

1. THfrekane

THfrekane New Member

HEY!
    I just got my new experia X8 today and it was great in the start. But now already i have a problem :/ i am not using any data but uses Wii Fii... and in was great but suddenly i could not use the Android market?!
    I can still go on facebook and other network realeded stuff, but not the android market.
    It said i should turn on the data, to go to the android market? i have looked all over the phone to find something to fix it, but i can not :confused:
    help??

Advertisement
  2. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Whenever you try to go into the market, do you get an error message?
  3. THfrekane

THfrekane New Member

Not directly.
    It says:
    "Background data is disable ...
    background data must be enabled to come to market
  4. tanabe

tanabe Well-Known Member

turn on your background data, no harm in that.. its at settings > accounts and sync
    AND turn off data traffic: settings - wireless & network - mobile network - uncheck the data traffic
  5. THfrekane

THfrekane New Member

But shall i pay for it then?? i only wanna use wifi?? D:
  6. tanabe

tanabe Well-Known Member

once you uncheck Data Traffic, you wont be charged for any data usage coz its 'off'..
    but you can still go online via wifi.. i had this problem too when i just got this phone, just had to off data traffic and didn't have any unwanted data charges anymore..
    THfrekane likes this.
  7. dino234

dino234 New Member

[hay i haw problem with xperia x8 i go in the market and ten put out an eror or samting like that and [this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for dat services. if it continues call CUSTOMER CARE what dat mins?? plz tel my:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

This can be an issue with you having WAP settings instead of Internet settings. However can you clarify if you are connecting via GPRS or Wi-Fi?