• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Notes under Contact be expanded?

davidlw

Aug 17, 2009
I have a Deal Breaker question for a Android expert. I need to be able to put numerous paragraphs under each contacts file. I just looked at the T Mobile Android and it seems that the notes section under a contact will hold only a few lines of notes. is there a work around to expand the notes section? Also I need to add a Company name to go with a contact is this possible? PS I have 1200 contacts, I am a salesman.
The T Mobile salesman did not seem to have a answer. I just read that someone else says that he just typed several thousand words under the notes of a contact. I need to find out the truth about this notes section. Please help.

I just tried it out for you on my developer simulator for 1.6 Donut Android and found that neither one is a problem. I stopped after entering 35 lines of notes. When I viewed the contact, I could at a glance see the first 10 lines of notes. Editing the contact let me see all 35 lines that I typed in. I don't know if perhaps you were on the 10 line note summary view of the contact, or if it is a difference from 1.5 to 1.6 Android.

You can put the company name in the Organization field. It also associates the user's title with the company if you want to enter that too.

Some other things you can do with contacts is set a specific ringtone, enter email addresses and postal addresses, and also gtalk and aim information. There's also a checkbox to set so that specific contact gets sent directly to your voicemail if they call.

Upvote 0
so is going in to edit the only way view the entire notes section? I'm coming from Palm via Outlook where i had to start migrating my user fields over to notes section of outlook. So in trying to keep some separating from the four user fields I'd be at 11 lines with my entries that have two lines per user field plus a space between each to mimic the feel of separate fields.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones