can only get mobile version of web page.. need help!

Last Updated:

1. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to view sfgiants.com with my droid and I only get the mobile version..I need the full site and I can't find anywhere how to do it! I need it for tomorrow morning. Very important.. pleasee help!

Advertisement
  2. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

3. jwbeeler

Did you get it to work?

4. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

I just posted a thread right before you about this. Even espn.com and engadget.com do not work. even if I type it out in the URL.

5. jwbeeler

The MLB home pages all seem to work. I'm not sure why ESPN and engadget will redirect you...

6. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

Engadget just started to redirect to the iphone site ugh. I do not want anything Iphone on my device rofl! I always got the full site before about a week ago and now I can not make it go back?

7. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

dolphin. browser.

8. nader2013

Dolphin Browser always seemed to be a little too chopy for me. Does it actually load the full pages?

9. nader2013

I wonder if there is a setting that can allow you to disable mobile websites...

10. nader2013

Dolphin Browser does the job. Just go to settings and change the user agent to Desktop. Then all pages you view will be displayed as if you were browsing on your home computer.

dduggins likes this.
  11. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

i have the same problem for engadget.com. it used to be fine, but now i don't see the format on how i see it on my pc.

12. steelcitydroid

steelcitydroid Member

Almost every mobile site has a link to the full site at the bottom if you look..for example for the OP on engadget if you look at the very bottom it has like "full engadget experience" which takes you to the full nonmobile site..facebook is another that has the full site link at bottom

13. steelcitydroid

steelcitydroid Member

You get automatically directed to the mobile sites due to having less graphics/flash/etc and your pages load in way less time where as full sites can sometimes be slower depending on what they are

14. chapman

chapman New Member

I am having the same problem. For example the website Weer, buienradar en 14 daagse weersverwachting | WeerOnline.nl. My girlfriend has the Desire and I have the Legend. For her the page loads the full page, for me it does not,any thoughts on why? Must be a setting if there is a difference.... though she also has a different carrier...

15. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

The setting is User Agent (mentioned above). It's hidden in the stock browser but you can type about:debug in the address bar. Nothing will seem to happen but you'll have the User Agent option in Settings. It's only temporary with the stock browser though.

16. Spike760

Spike760 Well-Known Member

SkyFire also has an option to go between the mobile sites and regular sites, I've never used it but I would assume it works.

17. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I did this once.. and then, I realized one day, it was back to sending me to the mobile version. how is "temporary" determined?

18. Apeman

Apeman Well-Known Member

OK I have a fix, which will redirect you to the desktop version of all sites automatically:

1.Open up your browser, and in the address bar type "about:debug" without quotes, and press Go (Don't press enter, press the go button.)
    2.Then go the settings menu (Menu button, more, then settings)
    3.Scroll the the very bottom, and there is a UAString button. Press it.
    4.Select desktop, and now all the websites think you are using a desktop web browser.

If you want to go back to default, do the same thing but for step 4 select Android.

jwbeeler likes this.
  19. Lock-N-Load

I have done this, and my settings were still set to "desktop", but I was getting sent to the mobile sites.. prime example, just last nigh I went to bn.com and I get the mobile site. well, now I am back to the desktop site.

point = it seems even though my settings were still set, it started to ignore them and going back in and checking them reset it to start to use the desktop setting again despite the fact desktop WAS already selected.

odd

20. phan

phan Member

This works until the browser app is shut down due to you restarting the phone, killing the browser process manually or if the phone kills it due to lack of memory. Here's more about

Changing the User Agent

21. Lock-N-Load

well, that explains what I noticed.

22. zep

zep Well-Known Member

Dolphin Browser or Skyfire.