Can only pic contact image from gallerySupport

1. kizer8

kizer8 Active Member

I just switched from a LG G2 to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and love it so far, but one thing I don't like is the S5 only allows you to select a contact photo from images only from your gallery. The LG G2 used to allow you to select the image menu option and use a file manager to pick a contact photo from a folder that might not be in my gallery. Does the S5 have an option to do this and pick a contact photo using a file manager that is not in the gallery? A couple screenshots of each phone showing this.

Thanks,
    Kizer

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. xdrc45

xdrc45 Guides Guide

Try going to the image that you want to set as a contact photo open/view the image and select the menu button (3 dots) and then select "Set image as" and then select "Contact photo"
    BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  3. kizer8

kizer8 Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work and I shouldn't have to go through these steps.
  4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

It is very easy to use the camera to make an image for a Contact.

First, the contact must be in EDIT mode.

When the contact is being viewed in Edit Mode, you will note a small + sign in the image area. Touch the + sign and then you will be presented with a menu to select from the following 3 items:
    1) Image
    2) Tagged pictures
    3) Take picture

see the attached photos

Attached Files:

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

I think that's just the stock cause every rooted one I seen is different. That must be a touchwiz bug or unwanted error.
  6. kizer8

kizer8 Active Member

Thanks for the reply, but I am aware of this. My problem is you are only allowed to selelect a picture from your gallery. I want it to give me an option when clicking + sign and then image to use a file manager to select an image that is not in my gallery, but rather in another folder that includes a .nomedia file which makes it hidden from the gallery. Please see my attached LG G2 image in my first post.
  7. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

I don't think you can get around that unless you use a file manager to remove the .nomedia file in advance. Then everything in "that folder" should show up in Gallery as Gallery is a "virtual file folder" which will show every image on the phone regardless of where it is.... providing that folder does not have .nomedia file in it.
  8. steve89052

steve89052 New Member

Had a similar problem with images in "gallery" and others in "photos".
    Installed 'PicsPro for Picasa, Google+"($.99)(There is a free version also) and all my photos/images are in one location, plus it uploads to my on-line Google/Gmail account for editing, deleting or whatever. Plus the developer actually answers your problems if you have any.

BTW I'm not affiliated with the developer, I simply like the convenience of it.