1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Can only set volume as silent or vibrate. Why?Support

1. csunderland

csunderland New Member

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help me. I'm sure I must have done something accidentally to cause this to happen but I don't know what. I haven't installed any new apps recently so I don't thinks it's app related. Everything was just fine until a couple of days ago.

The problem is that I can no longer adjust the volume for 'Ringtone & notifications' under Settings->Sound->Volumes

I can move the slider, but when I click OK and then go back in to check, it's back at zero again.

If I try to adjust the volume with the volume rocker, I can only go between silent and vibrate, no other volume levels at all.

Volume rocker works fine for media volume though.

Can anyone please tell me what stupid thing I may have done to cause this situation, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance, Chris

HTC One X
    Android Version 4.1.1
    HTC Sense 4+
    Software number 3.14.401.31

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I've never encountered that but I have encountered where my volume ringer has dropped in volume even with the slider all the way to the right. I ended up doing a factory reset to fix the problem.
  3. csunderland

csunderland New Member

Could not find a solution to this, so have done a factory reset to fix the problem :(
  4. TheCarlR

TheCarlR New Member

I have exactly the same issue. Started happening yesterday.
    Did the factory reset fix the problem?

It's so strange because the volume buttons works fine for media.
  5. csunderland

csunderland New Member

Yes, the factory reset did fix the problem.