• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can remove bloatware.

dan330

Extreme Android User
Jan 22, 2010
Sprint Wisens Up, Plans To Allow Bloatware Removal On Future Android Devices | Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets - Android Police
we can delete bloatware on the new e3d.. and future phones from sprint.

looks like sprint and htc came out with another great 1st..
but... why? is there a bigger plot?

my guess... they are trying to stop something else from happening.

a lot of people root so they can uninstall bloatware.. and since it is rooted they go ahead and do free wifi tethering. so if they let bloatware be removed.. less will root. therefore less people will use free wifi teather... which they make good money on! this is just a guess.

Reactions: sergi0wned
Yep it has been talked about in a few threads already

Sprint Wisens Up, Plans To Allow Bloatware Removal On Future Android Devices | Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets - Android Police
we can delete bloatware on the new e3d.. and future phones from sprint.

looks like sprint and htc came out with another great 1st..
but... why? is there a bigger plot?

my guess... they are trying to stop something else from happening.

a lot of people root so they can uninstall bloatware.. and since it is rooted they go ahead and do free wifi tethering. so if they let bloatware be removed.. less will root. therefore less people will use free wifi teather... which they make good money on! this is just a guess.

Upvote 0
When you go into settings/application/manage apps/all apps and scroll to it, if it shows an uninstall then you will be able to do so, if not you could also try to do so with Titanium Backup. My guess is it won't allow, but I could be wrong

Anyone able to remove Amazon MP3 Store?

(will move this later unless someone else does)

Upvote 0
the problem is that my list of crapware is going to be different than other ppl's lists. I went through the whole damn list of apps and checked which ones were system apps and which weren't.

I think only 2 apps I considered crapware were removable. everything else was not.

Some people might use stuff like Flickr, but I don't, so I consider that crapware. And I can't remove it.

So I call BS to being able to remove crapware. If it's a non-essential app (not related to the OS or Sense), then it has NO business in /system/app.

Upvote 0
the problem is that my list of crapware is going to be different than other ppl's lists. I went through the whole damn list of apps and checked which ones were system apps and which weren't.

I think only 2 apps I considered crapware were removable. everything else was not.

Some people might use stuff like Flickr, but I don't, so I consider that crapware. And I can't remove it.

So I call BS to being able to remove crapware. If it's a non-essential app (not related to the OS or Sense), then it has NO business in /system/app.

agreed! only able to remove 2. still full of crappy apps :/

Upvote 0
Hey bro nice to see you around, when root is exploited, I will simply root to remove the extra bloatware. this phone ROCKS

The EVO3D ROCKS!!! lol, I just can't grab hold of just how big a leap it is from the Hero!

Until ROOT is obtained, we will all be waiting, with all the horse power under the hood and space for apps, plus the ability to move apps to the SD card, it really shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways... enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones