1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can some one help please?

Last Updated:

1. JohnsonG

JohnsonG New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I'm a software tester, and I work for a Forex software developers. Our developers already send our application to Android Market, at this time it is pending for approval.

But I would like to send out our application to one of our testers who lives oversea. Is there a way I can send our tester the application through email and can he install it on his Android phone with some program just to test it?

thank you.

Advertisement
  2. galt

galt Well-Known Member

There is, but I don't know all the details. That is one of the points of Android, is that it is "open". You will need a complete package, including the resources, etc. And there is a program to run that registers the program on the phone, granting permissions, etc. You might try posting this in the developer forum for a quicker more detailed response, or just check the ANdroid website. You can email teh program, or put it on a web link.

3. galt

galt Well-Known Member

Just curious. How did you do development and testing? DId you just use the emulator, or did you actually load it on a phone to be sure it worked?

4. JohnsonG

JohnsonG New Member This Topic's Starter

I tested on the phone, and there is a developers program. But obviously our tester doesn't have that, nor does he know how to use it.

For an example for the iPhone, my developers just make a App file, and Provision file, put it in a archive file. I take that archive file email to other testers, and the tester just sync it to their devices.