• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone clear up a question for me, please?

glosol

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
I've been searching the forums for hours, with no luck. Maybe I'm not getting the proper terminology down, but the problem I am having is obtaining access to my "Moment" via usb.
The computer can recognize it, but not as a modem.
I am pretty sure it has to do with settings on the phone, but thanks to my daughter I seem to be locked out of my phone. Bigtime.

The key combo of:
1. volume down +
2. phone button +
3. power on
takes me to a different screen, but thats about all.

Unless someone can steer me in a different direction, my only option seems to be a reflash of the phone to clear the password "squiggle".

What a gay password setup there!

any help, thanks in advance!

Ok, Ive been a bit frazzled trying to figure this all out. Bear with me...

My kid got hold of my phone, tried the 5 attempts to unlock the phone, now locked up and it wants google login information.
My google login does not work. Reason being is I purchased this phone from a friend and have not been able to reach them for the right info. (The phone is legit, but in his name because of credit reasons.)
I have not been able to sucessfully connect phone to pc. I assume it is because the setup menu is configured incorrectly. All the same, since I cant get into setup, I cant connect to pc.
I am assuming there will be some sort of program to fix the password error I am dealing with once I can connect, but thats just a guess?
So to get to it, my questions are:
1. How do I regain access to my phone
2. is it a waste of time trying to connect to pc, or is it even possible?
3. can I get the MSL(?) so this can be in my name as it should?

Thanks so much all. Very frustrated.

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of would be to re-flash the phone.
If you can't access the Google account you will also have to re-enter all your contacts.
After you re-flash get your own Google account and enter the information from your new Google account on the phone so you will know the password.
Since the phone is in your friends name and still part of a contract you will play hell trying to get it into your name.

Upvote 0
Establish your own gmail account. Do a hard factory reset on the phone. And then login with your new gmail information. The phone is not married to any particular gmail account. SPrint knows nothing about your gmail account info and vice versa. Obviously, you are at ground zero with all of your google related info(ie contacts).

After that, then let us know if your computer can see your phone.

Edit:...or maybe do a hard reset firs and then when it asks you for login info, do it right there on the phone...register a new account on the phone.....choose the "Don't have a gmail account" option and then go thru the setup of a new account on the phone. I am talking outta my ass here because I don't remember how it all went down when I first got Android. But I am pretty sure a setup my account over the phone.....or whatever..... I have had 2 different Android phones and like I said, they both happily took my gmail info and did not give a rat's ass who actually owned the phone or whose name the account was under. Gmail account info and Sprint account info are totally unrelated.

Upvote 0
I really have no idea what the key combination is for doing the hard reset of the phone, so for all I know I probably just stumbled upon it.

I pressed volume down, call, and then end. Held all 3 until a different screen appeared with the option of reset being listed as number three.

I opted. Its fixed. Thanks so much for the help all!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones