Can someone explain about the NE2?General

Last Updated:

1. liljonnyboy

liljonnyboy Member This Topic's Starter

I know that it means New Every 2, and I'm pretty sure it's about extending your contract for 2 years (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I, like many of you guys, have grown tired of waiting for the Incredible, and was wondering if I get the Droid, and then return it before my 30 days are up, will my NE2 return to how it was before I bought the Droid? I am also on a family plan, if that makes any difference. Also, if you are on a family plan, does everyone have to upgrade at the same time?

Thanks in advance. I just want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up before I go through with this.

Advertisement
  2. herkulease

herkulease Member

I never tested the NE2 like you are planning on doing. in which you buy a the droid then return. Always knew what I wanted and don't look back once i pick a phone. You really can't do that with tech items. there will always be some better down the line.

since you have a family plan the NE2 credit/discount/promo only applies to the main/primary line.

the other lines just get the 2 year upgrade pricing.

You do not have to upgrade all your lines at the same time.

Hope that helps.

3. venom21

venom21 Well-Known Member

a csr told me that if you return your phone it is as if nothing ever happened to your account. you go back to paying month to month(if youre already at that point) and you still ahve your ne2/whatever credit or moeny they said they would give to you towards a new phone.

4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I have a Verizon plan with 6 lines on it and basiclly the main account gets a new phone w/ $100 credit every two years or can upgrade to a new phone every year at the discounted price. The other 5 lines however never get the $100 credit but do get a new phone every 16 or 18 months can't remember (usually When I need a new phone a line is close enough that Verizon will just make it happen) at the discounted price.

Really when you need a new phone Verizon will give it to you at the discounted price and re do your two year contract if you have a problem with your current phone and refurbished ones aren't cutting it. It takes a little work and bitching but Verizon is pretty good about making you happy (at least in my expierence )

and if you return your phone and don't get another you stil lhave your NE2 available

5. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

I really wish I knew how much I will be paying for two Incredible's... But I guess thats a waiting game too. I plan on getting two for my primary/secondary line. I know that the primary will get a $100 credit, I assume that the secondary should at least be eligible for a $50 discount.

6. liljonnyboy

So does that mean that only the primary line gets a discount? Because I am unfortunately not the primary line. If I upgrade, how much would a Droid cost me?

7. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

$199 with probably a $50 discount.

liljonnyboy likes this.
  8. liljonnyboy

Thanks a lot. I also have one more question. I know that a restocking fee costs $35, but I read somewhere on this forum that if you wait 3 days after you return it, you don't have to pay the fee. Is this true?

9. sedington86

sedington86 Member

I'm going to be heading to my local verizon store tomorrow to address this very question, as my curve is on its last legs, can't hardly last half a day without a charge if I actually use it at all. 1 phone call for 20-30 mins kills the whole battery and it feels like its about to explode in my hand with all the heat it's putting out.

10. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Has anyone mentioned anything about mail in rebates? I would hate to put out so much money for a phone only to wait forever to get it back via mail.