Can someone explain fring to me?

Last Updated:

1. mityman50

mityman50 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm very confused.

All I want to do is make a video call to my friends and family. For instance, maybe I want to call my mother, who does not have a front facing camera. She can see me, but I can only hear her. Or maybe I want to call my friend on an iPhone 4. We can see and hear eachother.

But I'm having problems. I always thought that fring was the magic tool. Download fring, and we can video call eachother. But now that I'm actually trying it, I'm having torubles.

At first, I thought fring hosted video calls. Now it would appear that I can make video calls so long as I'm going through something else, for instance, Skype. So what's the deal?

If it's the former, I'm pretty much SOL, right? Because Skype is no longer supported by fring... right?

And then what about Qik? How can that help me?

So really, knowing this, would anybody be kind enough to help explain this, answer my questions, tell me what my options are if I wanted to video chat? I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Advertisement
  2. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

Here's a tutorial.
    But please note, Fring has temporarily taken Skype OFF due to bandwidth issues. (thanks iPhone 4)