Can Someone Explain the Damage Control Configuration Application?

Last Updated:

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running DC v2.08.1 on my Hero and it's working perfectly. After tweaking it I am now looking deeper into the settings and that kind of thing. I was reading in Damage's description of this rom that he is very proud of the CD Configuration application. I have looked at it but haven't touched anything there as I have no idea what JIT is and some of the other options offered there. Is there a place where I can go and read what these things do or is there a simple explanation of what these changes do or can do and how to use them? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has these questions but as I mentioned above my phone is working perfectly right now and I don't want to screw it up.

Just thought I would post the question and see what happens. As usual I appreciate all who take the time to answer my questions. It was you fine folks that convinced me to root and rom and I'm so glad I did. Don't care if Sprint does get official with their 2.1 some day. I already have it, love it and have control of my phone. Plus I trust our developers to stay ahead of the stock stuff any way.......... ;)

Advertisement
  2. revlis240

revlis240 Active Member

I JUST turned JIT on and so far it feels awesome, a lot faster.

Now, you MUST turn off Sense and the HTClockscreen BEFORE you turn JIT on, or else you may stuck in a boot loop. Install a launcher like Helix and ditch sense UI, for me it used to crash all the time anyway.

apps2sd is just that, an app that lets you store your apps on the SD card, but you first have to partition the SD card and convert it to ext3 storage through the recovery console. Move the dalvik cache to the SD as well, and youll free up all of your phone memory. I did this when the market warned my my space was getting low (and i dont even have that many apps!)

I dont know what the other stuff does, like swappyness or the other stuff...