Can someone explain WHY phones react differently?

Last Updated:

1. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a little confused toward this one. People seem to have really varied reports about certain kernels and ROMs and whatnot working on their phones. For some, King's #1-3 are either really stable or completely unusable. Same goes for the Hydra kernels, or Skyraider, or Cyanogen.

But I don't get WHY this is the case. Take two Incredibles off of the HTC line and somehow they react differently to the same pieces of software. How's that work?

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

It's because of the hardware. All these phones are manufactured with many many different little parts, there is going to be some sort of minuscule difference between two phones of the same model that may cause software to run differently. This is just the way technology works. And as for kernels, our phone's CPU is only meant to run at 1.00GHz, anything over that is NOT what the CPU was made to do, so it's kind of a gamble as to whether it will work or not.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I think it is a few factors such as Kernel Versions, ROMs, Radio version, and the order in which these are all flashed..

For me it is Radio -> Rom -> Kernel, and I haven't had any issues so far *knock on wood*