Can someone give me an answerGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jimigood

jimigood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. I know I'm on ver2. But is it the root? When I downloaded it there was also a recovery that I did not use. Did that screw me for root? Or am I just thinking wrong? Do we know if someone is working on rooting the leak versions?
    I know alot of questions. Sorry. My phone works really well on ver2 and I am afraid to go to ver3 and get the crap everyone else is dealing with, but root would be nice. Now that I have had the time to learn about it and how it works.

Advertisement
  2. Aimy77

Aimy77 Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the only versions that root is developed for are 1.5 and the new 2.1OTA. If you don't have one of those, sorry :(

jimigood likes this.
  3. jimigood

Yes I know, But if you read again you will see I used the image but not the recovery. Question is,How does that affect me?

4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Others know a LOT more than me and maybe can chime in, but currently there is no Root access from any of the leaks. From what I understand, there are people working on Root for "Leaked" 2.1 vX but nothing has been achieved as of yet.

That being said, it looks as though V3 is preventing people from getting the "Official" OTA update either manually or via a push from VZW. If you are keen on getting the official OTA, I would hang tight on V2 until it is pushed to your phone or Root is achieved.

Again, hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the topic will respond!

jimigood likes this.
  5. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

I dont think any of the leaks will get OTA because of the bootloader...

But v3 is the OTA. So i would install it.

6. jimigood

I believe this is the file I used to get what I know have eris21official-root.zip. but did not use recovery or the sdk.